We all have a love-hate relationship with our skin at some point in our lives. & I, definitely was not far from it! I always had clear skin, up until about a year ago. Around 22-23 my skin decided to be quite problematic. I started getting cystic pimples here and there, and it was completely irritating. Once it would heal, it’d leave a blemish that would take weeks to disappear. know it wasn’t full on acne, however, we are women, and pimples, especially pimples that leave a mark, torment us!
That’s when I started experimenting with different products. From Acne cleansers to spot treatments, nothing seems to provide a permanent or quick fix. Thus, I went back to my roots: organic & skin friendly.
As a lover of all things natural, I fell in love with the following DIY facial mask.
P.S I’m not a specialist, this just works wonders for me.
Aloe Vera Face Mask (Breakout Prevention Mask)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Aloe Vera
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Organic Honey
About the Ingredients:
- Aloe Vera is one of the most beneficial plants in the world. It offers many uses from health to beauty. And in this face mask our skin enjoys them all. It Moisturizes, treats acne (has antioxidant and antibacterial properties), reduces the appearance of blemishes, fights aging, accelerates healing, and many more.
- Baking Soda can be anti-inflammatory & anti-bacterial and best of all it’s not irritating to the skin (but if you have really sensitive skin, don’t forget to do a patch test first).
- Honey, who doesn’t love honey? It’s an edible miracle in a jar. Honey is anti-bacterial, which is great for pimples. It’s rich in antioxidants that feeds our skin and rejuvenates it, not to mention it soothes our skin leaving it glowing and silky smooth.
- Combine all ingredients into a clean bowl (I like to use ramekins or small mason jars). Make sure to mix well (Aloe Vera can be tricky to dissolve).
- Apply to face for about 15 to 20 mins.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.