Drinking tea is a huge part of my life. I LOVE it! I’m not a big juice, coffee, or practically anything drinker (except for water, love water!). But when it comes to tea, I drink it every day. It’s not just because it taste good, it’s also because of its medicinal benefits.
Thus, I’ve narrowed down a few of my favorite Tea selection that both provides health benefits and brings joy to your palate (Happy taste buds, woohoo!). I have also placed a link of the teas I use when I don’t have the fresh herb/plant.
- Green Tea: It’s a wonder herb. It helps improve our health because it’s rich in antioxidants. It helps reduce free radicals in our bodies, protecting our cells from damage. It is widely used in lowering blood pressure and treating diseases such as heart disease & diabetes. As well as helps with tooth decay, weight loss, reduction of bad cholesterol and much more. It’s also antiviral and antibacterial, which is great for skincare. Green Tea
- Ginger Root Tea: It’s great for treating stomach problems and preventing or stopping nausea. Also a great energy booster, immune system booster and stimulant. Helps with Cancer, Alzheimer, circulation, helps manage blood sugar levels, increases sex drive, decongestant, pain relieve, motion sickness and a lot more. But keep in mind, these benefits don’t come from drinking store bought ginger tea bags. For the best results, you must buy ginger root, shred and add to hot water. this is the best way to obtain the most nutrients and benefits out of ginger tea. Ginger Root Tea
- Echinacea Tea: This tea is known for being a great cold/flu remedy. It’s rich in antioxidants and an immune system booster. If consumed regularly (or even take the Echinacea supplement pills) it can help prevent a cold. It also helps with pain and inflammation. Known for helping treat bronchial infections or laryngitis, as it speeds recovery if taken daily. Echinacea Tea
- Milk Thistle Tea: This tea is not only delicious but it also helps our livers. It helps clean and improve liver function, as it contains antioxidants that are known to protect our livers from toxins (like alcohol consumption). It’s known for helping with Cancer, bad cholesterol, and much more. Milk Thistle
- Dandelion Tea: This tea is rich in vitamins and minerals. Helps with liver detox, digestion, known for protecting our bones, improving bowel movement. High levels of vitamin K, fiber and antioxidants which all help increase our overall health. If you pick the actual dandelion to drink, make sure you are either picking them from an unpolluted place or you grow them yourself. Dandelion Tea
- Rooibos Tea: Helps with insomnia and stress levels, asthma, hypertension, weakness and much more. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals which makes it great for our health. Rooibos Tea & Rooibos 2
- Mint Tea: Helps with nausea, vomiting, and motion sickness. Helps with mild aches, coughs, congestion, asthma, and eliminate inflammation and much more. Plus, it is refreshing and delicious. Mint Tea
- Verbena Tea: Improves our mood and anxiety levels, helps with digestion, anti-inflammatory, so it helps with aches and pains. Also known to increase breast milk production and ease menstrual pain. Verbena Tea
- Chamomile Tea: It’s great for digestion and insomnia, as it aids in reducing stress levels and making us calm. Chamomile Tea
- Lavender Tea: This tea is great for treating fevers, coughs, asthma, and other respiratory problems. It’s also good for reducing stress, insomnia, depression and anxiety. And of course aids with bloating and digestion. Lavender Tea
P.S Make sure you are not allergic to the actual herb if you want to try it straight from it’s root!