I hope your Ramadan & Eid was beautiful and if you don’t celebrate it, hope you had an awesome month! I have so many recipes to share and hopefully I will be sharing them these coming weeks. My house is currently under construction (fixing the plumbing, floors opened…so much dust…a nightmare). So hopefully once everything is complete, I will be sharing photos along with the recipes! In the meantime, you can follow my Instagram for random tips and recipes as well!
I’ve had quite a few requests on what I use as a cleanser, so this quick post will be on my top 2 cleansers I have fallen in love with (and indeed, they’re not store-bought).
Cleansing our skin with the proper cleanser/face wash is essential to our skin care. It helps us remove make-up, dead skin cells, dirt, oil and other pollutants that cause our skin to age prematurely and acne to appear.
DIY CHIA SEED CLEANSER
- 1 TBSP Chia Seed
- 4 TBSP Honey
- ¼ TSP Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ TBSP of Green Tea (prepared and cooled)
- Combine the tea and chia seeds in a small bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and lemon juice, mix all the ingredients well.
- When the chia seeds bloom, if you find the mixture too thick, you can add a teaspoon of water or tea.
- Store it in an airtight container and refrigerate. This will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Wash your face with a small amount of cleanser (dime size) and rinse.
- 1 ½ Rooibos Tea (helps balance PH level of the skin) or White Tea (anti-aging and helps with acne)
- ¼ TSP Aloe Vera Juice (anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich, helps soothe and heal acne)
*Recommended use: Twice daily
This cleanser is great for all skin types and is packed with amazing benefits! Chia seeds are rich in fatty acids; strengthening our skin, reducing inflammation, dryness and increasing circulation, plus it’s a great exfoliator. Honey helps soothe, moisturize, soften, repair, and reduce inflammation, plus so much more. Lemon juice helps heal acne, remove blackheads, lightens blemishes and dark spots. Green Tea has anti-aging and antioxidant benefits. It helps with sun damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, and helps reduce free radicals that accelerate aging.
DIY DETOX CLEANSER
- 2 TSPS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 TSPS Apple Juice
- 2 TSPS Honey
- 4 TBSPS Quinoa Flour
- 4 TSPS Lavender water
- 1 TSP Water
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. I like to use a food processor for this to make sure all the ingredients are blended perfectly. Store in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Wash with a small amount of cleanser and rinse thoroughly.
*Recommended use: Twice daily.
- 4 TSPS Rosemary (treats acne, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory) or Rose water (anti-inflammatory, treats acne and other skin disorders, removes dirt and oil clogged in pores)
- 1 TSP Soymilk (hydrates the skin, exfoliates, protects against UV Damage, reduces acne)
- 4 TSPS Aloe Vera Juice
This Detox cleanser is great for cleaning out your pores and restoring your natural pH level. Apple Cider Vinegar helps remove excess oils, dirt, and dead skin cells as well as restores your skin’s pH level. Lavender water is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, helps fight germs/bacteria that causes acne/pimples and helps the skin heal. Apple juice brightens, soothes, lightens, hydrates, cleanses and has anti-aging properties, plus it provides UV protection which is great for preventing skin cancer. Quinoa helps with acne as well as rejuvenation of the skin, it reduces the appearance of dark spots and is anti-aging.
Note: Make sure to always use organic/fresh products and do a patch test!
Hope you enjoy these cleansers, let me know any other combinations you may have for me to try!
Stay Beautiful with, Claudia!