I’m so glad its Saturday. I feel like this week has been long and exhausting. How’s was your week? Hope it was great! A lot of my friends have asked me about remedies for minimizing pores, so here it goes.
When it comes to large pores, some of us have them and some of us don’t. However, it’s important to learn about ways to reduce our pores from getting out of hand, and to maintain them small and pleasant.
Minimizing Pores Naturally
- Steam Bath: One of my favorite ways is using a steam bath. A steam bath is recommended by Estheticians everywhere because it opens our pores and cleans them out. Making sure our pores are clean and free of impurities can help minimize them significantly. I personally like adding rose-water or rose petals, as well as an essential oils or spices (rosemary, mint, basil, lavender, lemon peels, orange peels) to my steam for added benefits.
- Tone: Using a toner is essential when it comes to minimizing pores. You can simply use (non-alcoholic) Witch Hazel, Rose Water, or apple cider as toners, they work wonders. You can refer to my DIY Toner post for my favorite homemade toners rich in pore minimizing ingredients (like aloe). Also Make sure to always cleanse. Face Cleanser and Top Toners
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating is essential to skin-care. It gets rid of any impurities, dead skin cells and helps clogged pores get some breathing air. One of the easiest and cheapest ways to exfoliate is using baking soda (full of antiseptic properties that help with breakouts too) with some water, form a paste and voila, you’re good to go. Make sure to use natural facial scrubs, a simple one too is brown sugar and honey, mix and scrub away!Epic DIY Face Scrub
- Moisture: Keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. If you are prone to oily skin, you can try changing up to a water-based moisturizer gels (been using these for the past 6 months, they are amazing) or a non-comedogenic moisturizer.
- Face Masks: There are many pore minimizing face masks out there. However, we must make sure we are using the most natural ingredients we can. Simple pore minimizing face mask is plain yogurt by itself. It is rich in probiotic and lactic bacteria, which helps reduce acne and dissolves impurities. Applying a thin layer for about 10 minutes can work wonders. You can also try egg whites or yogurt mixed with lemon juice, or cucumber juice.
- Healthy Diet: Eat healthy and avoid processed foods. Processed food inflames our skin and clogs our pores. Try eating more fruits and vegetables and avoid unhealthy fats and oils.
Above all, remember our skin is our largest organ, whatever we put on it, is absorbed into our bodies. Go as natural as you possibly can when it comes to any product you use. The best way to guarantee this is by making it yourself. However, if you’re not into making everything, invest in your skin by using organic pure products.
Keep in mind: Remove your make-up, cleanse, exfoliate, tone, and moisturize!
Hope this will beneficial to you!
Stay Beautiful, Claudia!